Your privacy is important. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining how this Site (Eating Out Loud / eatingoutloud.com) gathers and uses information.
Information We Collect
The Site gathers two types of information:
- Information you provide when you elect to register for Site emails or comment on Site content.
- Information automatically collected as you navigate the Site.
Information a Visitor Provides to the Site
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to a Site using Jetpack or WordPress.com, we collect the sign-up information requested by the Site, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on a Site, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission or a search query.
Information We Automatically Collect
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer or Device: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about our Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites and Jetpack sites.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
- Jetpack Site Activity: We collect visitor activities related to the management of the Site, such as login attempts/actions and comment submission and management actions. For more information, please see the Jetpack Privacy Center.
- Cookies and Other Technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a Site stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the Site each time the visitor returns. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on Sites. Cookies and other technologies help us learn which areas of the Site are working well as well as areas we can improve. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. Please note that disabling cookies may diminish your Site experience and render some functionality to no longer work as expected.
How We Use Visitor Information
We use information provided by you for the given purpose, wether sending you periodic emails for which you registered or responding to comments you’ve provided on the Site. We do not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes that you did not register to receive.
Our Site may contain ads from third party ad networks and advertisers, and we may integrate other tools and services on their Sites (such as Google Analytics and third party plugins). These Sites are noted as follows:
- Google Adsense and the DoubleClick DART Cookie
- Links to third party Websites
We have included links on this site for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
Changes to this Privacy Statement